Saturday, April 23, 2011

Catching Up with Wyatt

We're back. The Henderson household has been experiencing physical and technical difficulties which resulted in the dearth of blog updates. I am pleased to report that our technology is back on-line (though we'll most certainly need a new camera soon). Physically we are on the mend as well. Fortunately our family woes have not involved Wyatt, and I hope that he's been largely oblivious to these things (more on woes later). Wyatt has been doing wonderfully. He is developing so much every day, his vocabulary and level of comprehension are amazing to me. Of course, he's the first child I have raised, so that's not surprising. He continues to amuse and entertain Ross and me with his humor and three-year-old boy antics. Here is an update on his recent activities. Enjoying a frolic in the woods at his friend Nila's party at the park. He had a great time at her third birthday party. They had a face painter and he requested a big yellow snake on his arm (which I somehow did not get a picture of).
Golf--he plays almost daily. Must be genetic; Ross rarely gets to play anymore except when Wyatt requests help in our yard.
Work. He actually likes to do chores. I understand this is very normal for a kid his age, and probably a fleeting interest. He got to bed late the other night because he insisted on vacuuming his room before bed. I plug it in, he does the rest. He's much more meticulous about it than I am--and cares a lot more about how clean the house is. That, too, must be genetic. It's not environmental ; )
Ross continues his battle with bamboo. Wyatt decided to pick up every piece (wholly of his own volition) and pile it in the wheel barrow. Ross was pretty pleased with this.
Goofing off. He did this himself and thought it was pretty hilarious.
My two favorite people hanging out together.
Ross and Wyatt made their annual Spring Break trek to see Granny in Kingsville this year with Bobo. I had to work, so I stayed home. Two nights without them felt like forever. Quietude is over rated.

No comments: